Friday 15 November 2013

Like the Phoenix she rises

I bought some old but gorgeous stamps from a friend who was having a craft clear out. She has always had a really good eye and a knack at tracking down stamps that are a little bit unusual and different. So when I saw she was selling this stamp I jumped in there quick as it is one I've always loved.
 
The stamp does have a cat on it but for my purposes I cut the cat away when I was cutting the image out.
 
 

Now she is a little saucy, and not to every ones taste so I will warn you there are naked breasts (only in rubber stamp form) in the following pictures.
 
 
The piece is on a mountboard base, about 12inches in height.
Layers of acrylic paints, stamping ink and alcohol ink and gilding flakes.
 
The bee is symbolic of the Empress and feminine energy and I thought it went perfect with this piece.
 
 

 
 

9 comments:

  1. That's awesome, I love that sentiment there too. Great work!! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours, love the layers. Great sentiment, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, loving the image and the sentiment is brilliant.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow fantastic and beautiful done Deb.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow absolutely stunning, love the image and those colours are gorgeous.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful, great images and sentiment
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing background, love the stamped images and sentiment.

    Sylv xx
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you loved this stamp, a fabulous project

    ReplyDelete